[rrd-users] Re: nan after about 6 hours of data collection

rajkumars at asianetindia.com rajkumars at asianetindia.com
Thu Dec 18 14:23:05 MET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Alex van den Bogaerdt <alex at ergens.op.het.net>
Date: Thursday, December 18, 2003 11:36 am

> > rrdtool create icmp.rrd \
> > -s 60  --start 1071682900 \
>
> You say you're going to update every 30 minutes.  This means every
> first update of each batch will be too late.  Change heartbeat as
> appropriate.

Ok changed that to 120, as suggested by the list.

> It doesn't hurt (much) but you could do without the first RRA.

Ok.

> How can you tell the files will be processed in chronological order?

I have appended the time to file name,

icmp-20031218-1330.txt
icmp-20031218-1400.txt
icmp-20031218-1430.txt
icmp-20031218-1500.txt
icmp-20031218-1530.txt
icmp-20031218-1600.txt
icmp-20031218-1630.txt
icmp-20031218-1700.txt
icmp-20031218-1730.txt

So it will be in the chronological order.

> HTH

It really helped, armed with your mail I actually found what is wrong, I checked and rechecked and finally found that my machine was in time zone CET and the machine which generated data is in IST. that was giving me the illusion of missing data!

Thanks a lot for your mail and tutorials, I have finished the first and digesting the second :)

raj