[rrd-users] Re: counter or absolute

Chitman Kaur chitmankaur at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 12:36:02 MET 2003

For a stable link the CRC errors remain constant....so most of the time the value will remain zero or remain constant...
I also tried to understand what to use for CRC.... and posted few questions here....and as suggested by others it was concluded that GAUGE should be the one.... but then I changed to DERIVE because I wanted to see the change in the CRC numbers and not the exact value in it......
You can try out both and see what suits you the best....
HTH
"Fauteux, Joe" <Joe.Fauteux at paymentech.com> wrote:
Ive read the definitions but am having a hard time determining what ABSOLUT=
E does - If i want to graph, for example, CRC errors on an interface, a val=
ue that may grow occasionally but often stays the same, should i use Absolu=
te or Counter? - either way it seems like i'll be seeing an empty graph mo=
st of the time
ideas?

Joe Fauteux

=20

=20
Learn more about Paymentech's payment processing services at www.paymentech=
=2Ecom
THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL. This e-mail message and any attachments are =
proprietary and confidential information intended only for the use of the r=
ecipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you may no=
t print, distribute, or copy this message or any attachments. If you have =
received this communication in error, please notify the sender by return e-=
mail and delete this message and any attachments from your computer.

-- Type: image/gif
-- Desc: Blank Bkgrd.gif
-- Size: 145 bytes