[rrd-users] Re: Storimg 5 min data for 2 yr

Stephan Harren sh at abovenet.de
Tue Feb 4 09:33:01 MET 2003

But if you graph for one year of data, this will be 105120 values on 600
pixels. What kind of values will rrdtool graph with? I tried, and from my
experience, the MAX graph is higher if you keep an rra for the MAX values
than the MAX graph if you don't. I guess this happens because rrd (maybe,
just guessing) averages the 5-min values to appropriate information fitting
into the pixel parameters. But anyway, graphs  ! are ! different if you don't
keep the max or keep the max data.

Anyone tell me if I'm wrong.

Best regards,

Stephan