[rrd-users] Can't figure this out: month & year MAX greater than week

John-Paul Delaney John-Paul.Delaney at wfp.org
Tue Feb 4 10:01:46 MET 2003

Hello List...

I'm using one script to generate MAX graphs for a set of combined rrds
(each rrd an interface on a router).  I want to obtain 1 MAX  graph for
the combined interfaces for each week, month and year periods.

The MAX graph for the week shows the correct value but the values for MAX
month and MAX year (for the same week period) are much higher.

With Stephan Harran's kind help, I checked the values using rrddump and
rrdfetch but just don't understand why the MAX values for month and year
are not the same as the week, after all a MAX value shouldn't change -
despite the time period covered increasing.

The rrds were created based on the real life example in the rrdtutorial

rrdtool create xx.rrd
DS:input:COUNTER:600:U:U
DS:output:COUNTER:600:U:U
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:600
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:700
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:775
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:797
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:600
RRA:MAX:0.5:6:700
RRA:MAX:0.5:24:775
RRA:MAX:0.5:288:797

If anyone has any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this, I'd be grateful
as I'm pretty desperate at this stage!

thanks
/j-p.