[rrd-users] Re: Storimg 5 min data for 2 yr

Andrew Werbowy Andrew_Werbowy at cbc.ca
Fri Feb 7 18:46:15 MET 2003

does this make any sense?
Daily (5 Minute Average)       steps -1  rows- 229536
Weekly (30 Minute Average) steps - 6 rows- 38256
Monthly (2 Hour Average)       steps- 24 rows - 9564
Yearly (1 Day Average)            steps- 288 rows - 797

Regards,
Andrew

>>> Stephan Harren 02/04/03 03:33AM >>>

But if you graph for one year of data, this will be 105120 values on 600
pixels. What kind of values will rrdtool graph with? I tried, and from my
experience, the MAX graph is higher if you keep an rra for the MAX values
than the MAX graph if you don't. I guess this happens because rrd (maybe,
just guessing) averages the 5-min values to appropriate information fitting
into the pixel parameters. But anyway, graphs ! are ! different if you don't
keep the max or keep the max data.

Anyone tell me if I'm wrong.

Best regards,

Stephan