[rrd-users] Ignoring Unknown Data in the graph

Brander, Eric Eric.Brander at ACS-INC.com
Mon Feb 10 15:07:58 MET 2003

MRTG with Rateup, by default, ignores unknown values and repeats the last
reading.  I'm building a chart where such a feature would be desirable with
my new rrdtool generated graph (not using MRTG at all).  Is there a setting
in the gathering of data, or perhaps in the building of the image, that
could do this?  I want to avoid graph dropoffs when the data gatherer fails.
Or better yet, plot the last known data, but change the color of that
interval to indicate an error condition.  The unknowns throw off my averages
and minimums and the chart looks horrible.

I searched the archive but found nothing that is relevant, maybe because I'm
not certain what I am asking for.  Also, when I do an archive search, the
documents given don't seem to have anything to do with what I've searched
on.  Seems to be a Google issue, maybe?

Eric Brander
ACS
Texas CHIP Account
Sr. Communications Engineer - Information Systems Department
512.336.3331
Eric dot Brander at acs-inc dot com