[rrd-users] Accumulating COUNTER DS, how to?

happy at frap.net happy at frap.net
Fri Feb 21 10:04:16 MET 2003

Hi all,

I'd like to create a running tally of traffic passing out an interface, just like
using GAUGE on a typical counter would create. My problem is that my interface is a
32bit counter, and with GAUGE I can't find a way to have rrdtool account for the
overflow (Like COUNTER). Currently I've built a script to keep a running tally along
with the last value off the interface, and I'm handling counter overflow myself while
using a GAUGE DS.

Is there a way to do this within rrdtool?