[rrd-users] Re: Validation of data collected

Ketan Patel k2pattu at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 13:56:17 MET 2003

So your suggestion is to plot separate graphs using data fetched by different tools and compare them.
Current monitor? If I interpret you correctly, it should be RRDTool as we are starting to use this for the first time. We would use RRDTool only.
thanks
Ketan
 Mohamed Eldesoky <m.eldesoky at tedata.net> wrote:What is your current monitor ??
Is it MRTG ??
Compare the graphs of whatever monitor you use now, with the ones of RRDTool.

I use it here, and I trust it.

Regards
M. Eldesoky

On Monday 24 February 2003 8:28 pm, Ketan Patel wrote:
> In a meeting while discussing use of RRDTool, a question was raised about
> verifying the data being collected from target using SNMP queries. We want
> to make sure what we are looking at, is actually a correct data and
> represents the true health of the target.
>
> I understand SNMP counters represents actual values. However, I am not sure
> if there is any hole that gives wrong replies to queries.
>
> So, does anyone know how to validate the data before storing it? At the
> initial stage we are monitoring load on a server by a running process and a
> router carrying out the traffic.
>
> cheers
>
> Ketan

Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it.
--Chinese Proverb