[rrd-users] simple question, please don't discard

Daniel VASARHELYI asd at mail.musichello.com
Sat Jan 11 20:45:03 MET 2003

Hi!

I'm about learning basics of rrdtool, but can't see through some
problemas, please help. I'm after of reading rrdtutorial, mailing list
(lack of searching :( ), and google index of rrdtool mailing list (*very*
useful)

So the problem:
While reading the official tutorial, I found that two rra's were defined
for the example database. I'd like to citate it:
rrdtool create test.rrd --start 920804400 \
		DS:speed:COUNTER:600:U:U \
		RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:24
		RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:10

And, only the first rra is used in the examples. (RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:24)
Could somebody draw up an example, how to get second rra to "work", how
to use it to draw a graph.

If somebody could tell more about xff, the x files factor, I would thank
him/her. I can read the definition, but I can't _understand_ it. A short
example would help.

Thank you in advance:

asd
--