[rrd-users] Re: maximum of DS's

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Thu Jan 16 16:44:28 MET 2003

>/bin/rrdtool create system-state.rrd \
>/bin/rrdtool update q-fw1-hardware.rrd N:$inet_in:$inet_out:$cpu_usage:$mem_avail:$swap_avail:$proc:$conn

>it goes thru without complains etc, and every variable i have there is defined and returns a value when executed.

That surprises me, you're updating a different rrd than you created :)

>however when i check the db size, it has not changed and when i try to create a graph, the graph is blank.

They don't, it's sort of like a fifo. Old data gets shifted out.
use rrdtool dump to see if there's data in your rrd and read the tutorial on the rrdtool website to understand how rrdtool works.

Serge.

--
Q u a r t a l  O y

Florian Rommel (rommel at quartal.com)
Senior System Administrator
Eteläesplanadi 22A, FIN-00130 Helsinki, Finland

Tel: +358 [0]424 258 253
Fax: +358 [0]424 258 360
GSM: +358 [0]408 480 052

http://www.quartal.com