[rrd-users] sens_update_rrd

Brendan Pratt bpratt at overflow.net.au
Fri Jan 24 11:11:19 MET 2003

Probably not the right list for this, but I've just been playing with
lm_sensors, and it's RRDTool interface, and have a problem with the data
that it's storing in the rrd.

The CPU result that I'm getting from doing a cat on a file in
/proc/sys/sensors.... is only showing a value that needs to be multiplied by
6 in my case, before it gets added to the RRD database. The problem is my
perl 'skills' are sorely lacking i.e. non-existant. :) , and I don't know
the syntax to multiply the value I get to create the real value I want/need.

I've checked out the man files for perl, but just can't seem to find what I
need in it.

Here's the code snippit that I need to modify :-

--cut here--
SENSORS="temp2"
for i in $SENSORS
do
        V="`cat $SENSDIR/$SENSDEV/$i 2> /dev/null`"
        if [ $? -ne 0 ]
        then
                STRING="${STRING}:U"
        else