[rrd-users] plotting max/min of a graph

Jonathan Davis davis at snickers.org
Sat Jan 25 07:32:02 MET 2003

 I am aware of:

 	GPRINT:gfh:MAX:" %4.2lf %s/s /" \

 to print the max/min/currrent/avg of the data, but I want to plot an area
only at the time the graph is at its maximum.

 I've tried the following:

	DEF:gfh=$filename:ds1:AVERAGE \
	CDEF:maxoriffic=gfh,gfh:max,EQ,UNKN,INF,IF \

&
	DEF:gfh=$filename:ds1:AVERAGE \
	DEF:gfhMAX=$filename:ds1:MAX \
	CDEF:maxoriffic=gfh,gfhMAX,EQ,UNKN,INF,IF \

 And they don't seem to work. First example gives me a stack error, the
second either fills the entire graph, or nothing at all. Is what I am
attemping to do possible? I also whould like to know the reason behind
LINE1:gfh & LINE1:gfhMAX plotting the same the same results.

 The output the entire script can be seen at:

 	http://www.snickers.org/mrtg/snickers/spike.snickers.org_1.rrd.gif

 many thanks,
 jonathan jesse-john davis