[rrd-users] Re: maybe a bit off topic (4GB RAM snmp)

Brett Marler brett at asroma.homeip.net
Wed Jan 29 12:42:41 MET 2003

Florian,

> i get a -1 values in enterprises.ucdavis.memory.memAvailReal.0 using UCD-SNMP on
> a REDHAT 7.3 machine with 4GB ram. I'd like to monitor that ram but it seems that
> normal UCD SNMP is limited to a 32bit counter) has anyone ever had this problem
> and knows how to fix it so i can actually get the full amount of ram monitored?.
Just out of interest are you using the "numbered" OID or the names as you
outlined above? I believe if you want to use the "memory.memAvailReal.0"
syntax then you have to use the "LoadMIB" directive (I could be wrong). What
happens if you try an snmpget?

--
pc-linux% snmpget -v1 -c public 192.168.0.2 .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.4.6.0
UCD-SNMP-MIB::memAvailReal.0 = INTEGER: 1308

I am using MRTG/RRDTool to graph free space on my XP desktop hard drives (one
is 40GB and the other is 60GB) and these graph without any hassles.

Regards,
Brett Marler.

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: application/pgp-signature