[rrd-users] plotting floating point values

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Thu Jan 30 18:46:45 MET 2003

Hi!

I've set up a basic page plotting ntpd (network time protocol deamon)
values. One of the values is the estimated error, and I'm using
logarithmic y-axis (yes, I mean y-axis this time). The values are around
10ms. So far, so good. BUT: As logarithmic graphs use scientific
notation, it's stupid to display the values in ms and have thins like
1e+01 (in ms) where I first have to calculate what this means - I'd like
to have this displayed as 1e-02 (s)  where it's clear what it means.

(Oh, and: engineering numbers would be nice, too - 1e+0 10e+0 100e+0
1e+3 etc., but that's just optional)

cheers
-- vbi

--
Captain Penny's Law:
	You can fool all of the people some of the time, and

-- Type: application/pgp-signature
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
-- Size: 503 bytes