[rrd-users] Re: RRD::TIME::STRFTIME

Thomas Erskine thomas.erskine at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 3 17:36:37 MEST 2003

At 10:49 2003-07-03, nate wrote:
 >Thomas Erskine said:
 >
 >> Are you invoking the patched version of rrdcgi?  What happens when you
 >> run  the script from the command-line, like:
 >>    xyzzy.cgi </dev/null
 >
 >I was not aware this was from a recent patch that explains it!

What I meant was: I often have multiple versions of RRDtool installed.  Are
you sure that the rrdcgi program you're invoking is the right one?

 >I do not think my version is patched, trying your sample script above
 >just results in "Time was now."

If you're using the stable 1.0.42 version of rrdtool, you don't have this
feature.  If you want it, you can either use the development version, which
does have it and lots more, but sometimes doesn't even compile, or I could
send you the patch.  Since there don't seem to be many changes in rrdcgi,
and since it does work against 1.0.40, I'd expect it to work against 1.0.42.

 >> Complain at me, as I wrote the patch to both rrdcgi and the manpage.
 >> The  intent is to be able to format start or end time specifications
 >> into  whatever format you want (as long as strftime can handle it).  The
 >> problem,  which makes it a bit messy, is that either of the start or end
 >
 >can you tell me where I can get this patch? hopefully it applies
 >cleanly to 1.0.42 ?

Where did you hear about this feature if you're not using the development
version?

Thomas Erskine <thomas.erskine at sympatico.ca> +1.613.591.8490