[rrd-users] Could not locate a PPD File for package rrds

L McDonald laurance at quinn-direct.com
Thu Jul 10 10:35:08 MEST 2003

  Hi,

  I've seen loads of references about this with various things to try - all
of which I have, try version of this and version of that etc.. but maybe
someone could give me details a working configuration.  Looked in mailing
lists search engines...

  I'm running MRTG2 and am looking to upgrade to RRD.  I've created a ghost
image of the existing machine and tried to install rrd onto that - with
loads of problems...

  I've upgraded my MRTG plaform to, and its still working 100%
  Windows 2000 Server Service Pack 4
  Active Perl versions 5.8.0.806-MSWin32-x86
  MRTG 2.9.29

  I've tried rrdtool with: -

  Windows 2000 Server both service pack 3 and 4
  Windows 2000 Professional  both service pack 3 and 4

  Active Perl versions 5.6.0.620-MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
  Active Perl versions 5.6.1.635-MSWin32-x86
  Active Perl versions 5.8.0.804-MSWin32-x86
  Active Perl versions 5.8.0.806-MSWin32-x86

  rrdtool-1.0.40.x86distr.zip-5.8
  rrdtool-1.0.40.x86distr
  rrdtool-1.0.38.x86distr

  MRTG 2.9.29

  The instructions say to go into the Perl-shard directory and run
      ppm install rrds.pm

  when I do this I get

  C:\rrdtool\perl-shared>ppm install rrds.pm
  Installing package 'rrds.pm'...
  Error installing package 'rrds.pm': Could not locate a PPD file for
package rrds.pm

  Reset up a machine(new machine incase perl 5.8 still round) as Activeperl
5.6.0.620 as a suggested fix from the mailing list archives this Ive also
installed windows 2000 pro sp3 but  this gives me

  C:\rrdtool\perl-shared>ppm install rrds.pm
  retrieving package 'rrds.pm'...
  Error installing package 'rrds.pm': Could not locate a PPM binary of
'rrds.pm' for this platform

  Can some one explain whats wrong, point me in the right direction of even
send me details of tried and tested setup.

  Version of windows
  Service Pack
  Perl
  RRDtool

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.quinn-group.com