[rrd-users] Re: how does rrdgraph pick which points to graph

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Jul 10 21:37:49 MEST 2003

It picks the data points that are appropriate for the interval you
request.

If you want 5 minute values in your graph, but are asking for 2 weeks
worth of data (and don't have the right resolution), RRDTool will pick
the
30 minute values and display those.

Paul

>>> Britt Houser <houser at cisco.com> 07/10/03 03:32PM >>>
Let say I have 1000 data points in my rrd, and I create the default
graph which is 400 pixels wide.  How does rrd tool 'summarize' 1000
data
points into 400?  Is each point an average? or does it just pick out
every 2.5 points and displays that one?  Something more complex?

thx,
britt
--
Britt Houser - Software Engineer