[rrd-users] Help about creating graphs

carreiro at iis.com.br carreiro at iis.com.br
Sun Jul 13 22:16:02 MEST 2003

Hi all!

I want you to help me about creating graphs.
I just can't have the lines in it. I have the box, titles and the period.

The data from the routers are being collect by others.
I've received lots of files ft-v05* and did the RRDs with
these changes in the configurations files:

In CampusIO.cf
	OutputDir /var/local/flows/graphs
	LocalSubnetFiles /var/local/flows/bin/local_nets.boulder
In local_nets.boulder
	SUBNET=200.0.0.0/8
	DESCRIPTION=Rede_de_Teste

Running the flowscan program I had the RRD files.
By example: total.rrd with 217.1 KB

And I did this to make gif files:
     /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.42/bin/rrdtool graph test.gif --start 0 \
     DEF:in_bytes=/var/local/flows/graphs/total.rrd:in_bytes:AVERAGE \
     LINE2:in_bytes#FF000:"in_bytes"

But, as I had told you above, I saw a gray box with legends, grid, title, period, without the graph "ad hoc".

What I have:
	RedHat 7.3 (in a Duron 1.1GHz / 256 MB)
	Flowtools 0.64
	FlowScan 1.006