[rrd-users] Storing snmpget results in an array

Stephen Cheung stephen.cheung at hds.com
Tue Jul 22 14:52:00 MEST 2003

Hi all,

I've read through the manuals and mailing lists, but didn't find anything.
I'm trying to do the following:

code to get snmp data values:

        $var = `snmpget -Ov myipaddress public OID.0` (1,2,....etc)

I can get single values and assign it to a variable. No problems.

To get all values for that object, I can leave out the last value and get a
list

        snmpget -Ov myaddaddress public OID

This command returns (say 1000) items in a list of values when run at a
command prompt.

C:\snmp>perl script.pl
0
0
0
0
4
6
etc

How can I enter this list into a perl array, so that when I perform the rrd
update command, I can enter certain single element out of the array? Is this
possible?

eg rrdtool update myrrd.rrd N:$var[0]

Do I use something like snmputil perl module?

Thanks
Steve