[rrd-users] Re: simple issues

Andrew Culver aculver at uwo.ca
Thu Jul 31 21:25:50 MEST 2003

Considering you have only 6 data points per line, I don't see what you think
looks wrong. They are overlapping at the bottom because the data points are
so close. If you want, try using --height 300 or something larger to get a
larger area, you would probably be able to see that the lines are both there
without the overlap. Also, if you're going to call the output file speed.png
make sure you use --imgformat PNG in your graph command so rrdtool will
actually write the images in PNG format.

As for your 2nd question, I don't think graphing 140 lines on the same graph
is the right way to go about it, unless you make a giant poster-sized image.
It will be far too cluttered to tell anything other than extreeme values
which diverge from the clutter. If the numbers are all related (and since
you're trying to put them on the same graph, I assume they are all related),
you might want to only graph the total, average, min and/or max of the 140
values.

Andrew