[rrd-users] Re: Segmentation fault

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Jun 4 01:22:21 MEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:12:02AM -0700, jeff at unixisgod.com wrote:
> rrdtool graph /dev/null -s 1051945200 -e 1054663841 --rigid -u 50
> DEF:time=/web/monitor/var/rrds/times/gdweb/gdweb2.rrd:time:MAX
> DEF:queuing=/web/monitor/var/rrds/queuing/gdweb/gdweb2.rrd:queuing:MAX
> AREA:time#FF0000:'Seconds Load Time' LINE1:queuing#000000:'ASP Requests
> Queued'
>
> Generates a segmentation fault. I can provide the RRDS if necessary but be
> warned they are VERY large.

You are using graph elements to /dev/null, why?
Not that this should cause that error, just an observation...

If you want to create an image, do so.  If you do not want to do so then
don't do so.  Either use PRINT with /dev/null or specify a proper file
location and use graph elements.

cheers,
Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit