[rrd-users] No data marked as INFINITY on RRD

Sebastian Castro secastro at nic.cl
Thu Jun 5 19:19:03 MEST 2003

Hi All:

I'm using RRD to collect data about a DNS server, using a C program
who gather the data and put it on the RRD file each 30 seconds.

When I kill the program, for those intervals I haven't put data, the
graph show them as a veru high value. Por example, if I've got samples
around 200 each time, for the period where there is no data, the graph
shows values near to 6M or more.

How can avoid this behaviour?

An example could be seen here:
http://nicolette.nic.cl/~secastro/last12h.png

Best Regards
Sebastian E. Castro Avila             sebastian at nic.cl
Administrador de DNS, NIC Chile

Agustinas 1357 Piso 4
Santiago, Chile Cod. Postal 6500587
Phone: +56-2-9407705                  Fax  : +56-2-9407701