[rrd-users] Calculating values from xport

Brendon Colby bren at midco.net
Fri Jun 6 17:29:56 MEST 2003

Greetings,

I haven't found anything relevant to this anywhere so please point me in the
right direction if there is something I missed (in the archives etc.)

We have several backbone connections that we monitor with rrdtool. Right now,
a person looks at the graphs once a month to determine last months MAX and
average traffic for each backbone connection. What would be the best way of
xport'ing this data and parsing it (script in cron) to come up with last
months max and avg values for a particular line? Has anyone done this?

Thanks.

--
Brendon Colby
Systems Administrator