[rrd-users] Time

Stefano Rivera rrdtool at rivera.za.net
Tue Jun 24 00:17:36 MEST 2003

I'm using RRDTool to record system uptime (via SNMP) as a guage. But,
RRDTool only knows about SI units and base2 SI units, so times on the
Y axis appear as 40M, etc..
Is there anyway to have understandable uptimes?

Also:

Using RRDTool to log network throughput, whenever there is a reboot,
the couters reset, and I see a huge spike dwarfing the graph.
Obviously by using Maxes, I can get rid of most of these, but when the
counter was close to a rollover before reboot, I still get the spikes.
Any alternative?

Stefano Rivera