[rrd-users] Value out of range

Marcin Golebiewski marcing at nask.pl
Wed Jun 25 12:12:46 MEST 2003

Hello,

I've problem with too big values in my statistics.

I collect data from counters on ethernet connection between
two routers in two RRD's.
I have two RRD's: one for each end (router) of this connection.
And I get two different "week" graphs:
One of them looks strange, because RRDTOOL print value 14.2 Mb/s (it's
ethernet connection, as I said, 10 Mb/s).
Second "week" graph looks OK.
Things like this come ususally after some gap in data. It happens in
many RRD's. I don't want to use entry "MAX" in DS definition in RRDCREATE.

Did anybody have such problem, and solve it?
Sorry if it was mentioned before - I've found nothing about this topic in
the archive.

Marcin