[rrd-users] gcc issue?

Fitzgerald, David David.Fitzgerald at Level3.com
Mon Jun 30 21:08:42 MEST 2003

In attempting to install rrdtool 1.0.42 on a Solaris 8 box, I found I
did not have a C compiler installed, so I installed gcc 3.3 from
sunfreeware.com.

The gcc install says it went fine, but now when I attempt to install
rrdtool, I get a failed gcc installation test message.  See last line of
log.

The -I/... directory listed has only the directory openssl in it, no
files.

Has rrdtool-1.042 been tested with gcc 3.3?

$sh configure --prefix=/local1/rrdtool
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for a BSD compatible install... config/install-sh -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... configure: make: not found
no
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for perl... /bin/perl
checking for shared library extension... so
checking for the C compiler perl wants to use to build its modules...
found
checking for tclConfig.sh in ... no
configure: warning: tclConfig.sh not found - Tcl interface won't be
built
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -I/usr/local/ssl/include -L/usr/lib
- L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.