[rrd-users] summing multiple RRDs

Mohamed Eldesoky m.eldesoky at tedata.net
Wed Mar 5 16:07:48 MET 2003

Hello all
I have sent before asking about summing data sources.
Well
I will  try to re-state my situation.
I want to graph the sum of bandwidth on multiple interfaces, actually these
are large number of interfaces to sum, and these are dynamically changing all
the time, according to the changes in the network.
I thought I might prepare a script that sums the ds0 and ds1 of all individual
rrd files representing those interfaces, and update the rrd file of the
totals with the new values.

I tried to work around the nans, and replaced them with zeros.
Well, the script is working, but most of the time, I get zeros from the
individual interfaces, which means it was nan. !!
Also,

the numbers I get ( I used echo to see the totals), is different than the
numbers I find in the rrd after I dump to xml file !!!
Any clues ??

Regards
M.Eldesoky

ps, the script is attached.