[rrd-users] Re: VLAN Traffic monitoring

Logg, Connie A. cal at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Wed Mar 5 18:53:52 MET 2003

You might look into netflow if the cisco hardware in question supports it. I monitor the vlan destination of traffic coming into our site via extracting it from netflow records.  Of course, the success of that depends on how much traffic you have, and how many flow records are generated.

              Connie Logg, Network Analyst, cal at slac.stanford.edu, 650-926-2879
       Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, MS 97, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park, CA 94024
"'IF' is the middle word in life" but "Happiness is found along the way, not at the end of the road."

-----Original Message-----
From: del Prado, Rodrigo [mailto:rprado at broadnet.es]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 2:10 AM
To: rrd-users at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [rrd-users] VLAN Traffic monitoring

Hi all,

       I want to monitor Vlans traffic on a Cisco 3660. Vlans are on interface FastEthernet0/0 and I can see its traffic with "sh vlans" but I can´t get this data with snmp, which oid points to these vlans? As I think vlans are on new indexes, but the only indexes that the has are the physical interfaces. Snmp is activated on interface FastEthernet (and all other interfaces), but I don´t know if I have to configure someting else?  The IOS version is 12.1(5)T7. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Regards,

Rodrigo del Prado

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- Size: 3k (3666 bytes)