[rrd-users] calling rrdtool perl/php modules

Will Saxon WillS at housing.ufl.edu
Mon Mar 10 22:46:43 MET 2003

I'm not quite sure how to ask this question, it might not be an rrdtool module but I am not sure how to go about determining for sure.

I have sort of recreated the output from 14all.cgi using a modified version of the rrd_graph.php script included with the php module. I am noticing behavior with both 14all and this rrd_graph.php that bothers me.

Each generated page includes 4 graphs - a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly. For some reason, the 2nd graph in the list always takes about 4-8 seconds to generate whereas the rest are virtually instantaneous. This is not tied to a particular graph config and timing loops inserted between the calls to rrd_graph() don't make a difference.

It's no big deal, but if there is something I am just missing or perhaps an apache option I can change I would like to do so.

I am using apache 1.3.27 on FreeBSD 4.7, with PHP 4.3.1. I am calling the rrdtool.so module using dl(). I am using RRDTool 1.0.41.
I also have 14a11.cgi version 1.1, and I use perl 5.6.1.

-Will