[rrd-users] Re: MRTG & RRDTool

Adam Denenberg adam at dberg.org
Sun Mar 16 18:09:42 MET 2003

I actually had a very similar problem where I wanted to add a few targets,
but if one target (node) was down, then one of my values was UNDEF which
resulted in the whole thing being NaN.

One solution is to first find out if they are UNDEF first, and then assign a
value of 0 to UNDEFs and then add them

DEF:A=/home/rrd/test1.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE
DEF:B=/home/rrd/test1.rrd:ds1:AVERAGE
CDEF:Nodes=A,UN,0,A,IF,B,UN,0,A,IF,+

 This will turn the UNDEF values into 0 allowing you to get a result if one
or more of the values are UNDEF, and not give you NaN.

 hope this helps

Adam