[rrd-users] Logical data source groupings

listuser at numbnuts.net listuser at numbnuts.net
Mon Mar 17 23:25:36 MET 2003

I have a question about how best to organize the data I'm taking in.  I'm
currently taking in 29 different variables related to my mail system.  It
all boils down to a number of messages or size in bytes of messages.  Is
it logical to store all this data in a single rrd or would it be wise to
put data pertaining to, say, DNS blacklists in one RRD; Sendmail access
list rejections in another RRD; relaying denied, user unknown, invalid
messaegid, and bad domains messages in another RRD (control messages); and
total message counts and sizes in another RRD?  Is there any benefit to
putting them all together or keeping them seperate?

Thanks
 Justin