[rrd-users] Re: RV: Re: rrd-users

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu May 1 00:46:03 MEST 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Andre Miller wrote:

> Hi Jamie,
>
> I had a similar problem when trying to install the RPM - it seems that the
> rpm dependency check doesn't work if you installed Net::SNMP via CPAN on
> Redhat8.
>
> As a workaround, you can tell rpm to ignore the dependency check (since you
> did install it via CPAN, right?):
>
> rpm --nodeps -i rrdtool-1.0.41-1.8.0.i386.rpm

I had done it with Red Hat Linux 9 just this week and there was not an
issue with that. I do not recall having seen an issue with Red Hat Linux
8.0 but I used anothe package. (It's on my homesite under software
somewhere.)

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.