[rrd-users] Re: Curve Fitting Trends and Saturation Level

Shipley, Rob rshipley at state.mt.us
Fri May 2 21:43:31 MEST 2003

No responses.... but I really didn't expect any. The intent was to test the
water. I already have built an alert and exception tool and now am working
on extending it to include trends. It does the following: collect data ->
thresholding -> alerts -> rrd databases -> exceptions ->
trends/saturation(present project phase). Sounds complicated, but it is a
really simple interface. I have put you in my contacts list, and will let
you know when I have completed this project, and how you can get code... if
you are still interested when I am done.
In our network we are putting into production the
thresholding/alerts/exceptions portion. I am working on completing the final
phase by the end of this month. I have attached a 3D cylinder rrdgraph(maybe
it should be in the rrdtool gallery?) and some 3D bar graphs that are being
generated. The equipment names have been removed and display as 1-25. The 3D
bar graphs are actual threshold exceed counts. I am planning on using
GD::Graph::boxplot to display saturation, and GD::Graph3d::lines3d for
trends from rrd dump data.
HTH,
Rob