[rrd-users] Re: [rrd-users]: graphing temprature values

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Mon May 5 13:20:01 MEST 2003

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 01:02:56PM +0200, Frank Smeby wrote:
> Hi
> I want to make temprature graphs with RRD and i use a perl script to get the values.
> Could someone be so kind to help me with the scripts to do this?
>
> - The graphs must be in the range from -25 to 35

No problem.  You can specify this using "--lower limit" "-25" and "--upper-limit" "35"

> - update every 10 min

Also no problem.  You are in control, you run the script every 10 minutes

> - day graph from last midnight

I take it you mean midnight your local time.  "--start" "00:00" should do.

> - weekgraph from last monday and so on...

"--start" "monday 00:00" or something close to this

> - if the value is unknown use the last value

RRDtool won't do this however you (your script) knows when it didn't
receive a value so you can query the database and reuse the last number.

If you don't run the script, RRDtool doesn't update the database.  Next
time when you do run the script, RRDtool will use the CURRENT rate or
it will insert an unknown entry.  If this behaviour is not desired you
will have to program the desired behaviour in your front end script.

Start by defining >exactly< what you want, this will automatically
result in a program and the only thing you need to do then is to transform
this program into code.  That last part is the easy part.

> and i want to plot the current, average and last value on the graphs

"current" and "last" ???

--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit