[rrd-users] converting sparc rrd > x86 rrd

Ross Tsolakidis rtsolakidis at powerserve.com.au
Thu May 8 02:53:27 MEST 2003

Hi all,

I've posted this to both mrtg and rrdtool lists cause I think they'd both be able to help :)

I recently moved our Accounting box (mrtg/rrdtool) from our trusty Sparc box to an X86 box.
Both are using Debian Linux.

One thing I didn't take into account is the architecture changes, I have all my SPARC rrd files, but the new accounting box complains about them being the wrong architecture every time MRTG runs.

The new x86 box is working fine, but I would very much like to import the old SPARC data in, as it has almost a years worth.
I have all the old data sitting on my hard drive.

Is this possible ?  Keeping in mind I'm not very advanced in using rrdtool...

Thanks all,

--
Ross.

This email is from PowerServe Australia Pty Limited (A.C.N. 102 661 441)
The information contained in this email (including any attached files) may be privileged and confidential intended for the use of the person/persons named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are advised that any use, distribution or copying of the information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify PowerServe Australia Pty Limited immediately on (61 3) 9618 1222 or reply by email to the sender.

PowerServe Australia Pty Limited does not represent or warrant that this email or any attached files are free from computer viruses or other defects. Any attached files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from use of the attached files. In any event, the liability of PowerServe Australia Pty Limited is limited to either the resupply of the attached files or the cost of having the attached files resupplied.