[rrd-users] Re: please....help...

Thomas Erskine thomas.erskine at sympatico.ca
Thu May 15 12:33:28 MEST 2003

At 02:59 2003-05-15, David IMANACHE wrote:
 >Hi everybody!
 >I met problems with remstats:
 >->I want to graph Disk usage with the unix-status-collector but it
 >produces _*empty*_ graphs with a title like :
 >/*my_machine_name - Disk Usage - $1 (day)*/
 >Any idea?

First, I hope that you're not being literal in your description of the
title above.  If you are, you're using a modified version of remstats and
you'll have to talk to whoever modified it.  What version are you running?

Have you installed the unix-status-collector on the hosts you want to get
the disk usage from?   Have you tested it?  What does the rrd instance look
like? (for /home, you should have a line like "rrd df-/home" in the
relevant host config-file.

To check the unix-status-server on a host, try:
   telnet hostname 1957
   DF
   GO

There is no prompt; just type the above as indicated.  It all is well,
you'll get back some lines like:
   1052994640 dfsize:/ 18580512768
   1052994640 dfused:/ 2017280000
   1052994640 dfpercent:/ 12