[rrd-users] graphic generations with errors

Aleksandar Zhelyazkov sas at bitex.com
Thu May 15 16:07:52 MEST 2003

I have the following problem when generating graphics with rrdtool

I have a perl script that generates graphic on the fly
and displays them in a browser.
For this I print
image/png header and
then print the graphic to stdout using "-" as a file.
When I use filename everithing is correct. When
printing to stdout the graphic doesnt display correctly.

The apache says

malformed header from script. Bad header=PNG: /var/www/cgi-bin/showgraph.cgi

I dont have this problem with the default width and  height but if I supply
custom width and height the graphics doesn't display.

I tested this on 3 different platforms with 3 different apache servers and
rrdtools.
I don't have the problem with rrdtool-1.0.38 , apache-1.3.26
but I have it with rrdtool-1.0.38 - apache 1.3.27 and apache 2.0.x and latest
rrdtool.

I also use CGI.pm for printing the header.

I would very appreciate iIf somebody can point me to a solution to resolve
this problem.

BR
Aleksandar Zhelyazkov