[rrd-users] Re: RRD on Linux monitoring Windows Perfmon

Todd A. Green slartibartfast at awardsforfjords.com
Wed May 28 23:38:02 MEST 2003

A while back I messed around with NSClient which is an agent used to
access Windows PerfMon data for the Nagios monitoring package.

Since I knew I could get to perfmon stuff with it I hacked up an RRDTool
interface to dump stats so folks could see the pretty graphs.

This has been the closest thing I've found in the past although I
haven't looked recently.

We shied away from SNMP do to not being able to insist on it for
client's servers and potential security issues.

Todd A. Green <slartibartfast at awardsforfjords.com>