[rrd-users] Some Inconsistent data values

Felipe Piccirilo piccirilo at gruponet.com.br
Mon Nov 3 21:02:03 MET 2003

Hi everyone,

	I'm having a little inconsistent data in my rrd file that gets data from snmp to analyze band traffic.

	I don't know if it is fact, but there's any problem when the data is updated whithin a seconds of difference from step to step when the default is 300s ?

	like first update 300s
		   then   605s
		   then   902s
		   then  1299s
		   then  1510s
		   then  1810s

	ps: It's runnig on my crontab.

	I created the DS in rrd file with DERIVE and MIN value=0 and MAX value=U
	I'm updatting 2 DS's that represents the ifInOctets and ifOutOctets

	Was I clear?

thanks

ps: Sorry about my english, is not my native language.

regards,
Felipe Piccirilo
piccirilo at gruponet.com.br
Dpto. de Desenvolvimento