[rrd-users] Re: New User Question RRD not updating

Stephen Green sgreen2 at houston.rr.com
Wed Nov 12 21:34:15 MET 2003

Well that did not help.

I attempted to add more data as well as make them match the timestamps in
the database.
Still, the database does not update and the values always say nan.
In running the tutorial it always works... So I'm not sure what could be
wrong with my syntax.
I never get any error on creating the database or updating the database.
running rrdfetch always shows nan no matter what dates I try and rrdinfo
always appears to get the update time incremented when I try and add a
record.

Any help here?  Is there a better way to debug?
I wrote a perl script to update the rrd and it did not receive any error
either.  It also appears to update but the fetch never includes the data.

Can someone test this on their machine?

Thanks,
Stephen