[rrd-users] minor changes. no work.

Hunter Peress hunterp at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 12 23:10:44 MET 2003

yes alex i worked through the tutorial.The difference between my code and
the sample is that here I have 1 RRA line none of this "inoctets" and no
--start.

i tried the below code with a --start and still get blank page.  (for
multiple data points i simply take the update and graph code from below
and run it many times on the same rrd , i shoudl get a  flat line at
least...  the rrd is definitely being changed as verified by a checksum).
 (my real code has 10 DS btw, this is just a simplification).

my code:
rrdtool create test.rrd             \
        DS:ds1:GAUGE:600:U:U  \
        DS:ds2:GAUGE:600:U:U \
        RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:24

rrdtool update test.rrd N:15341273:14508064

rrdtool graph speed.png                              \
      --height 800 --width 600              \
        DEF:ds1=test.rrd:ds1:AVERAGE \
        DEF:ds2=test.rrd:ds2:AVERAGE \
        LINE1:ds1#1e4477:"ds1"\
        LINE1:ds2#2f4477:"ds2"

==Update==:
rrdtool update test.rrd N:25341273:24508064

THen i just use the graphing code from above... even after 30 datapoints
over hours the graph is blank.
--
  Hunter Peress
  hunterp at fastmail.fm