[rrd-users] Re: Junk characters instead of graph

Chitman Kaur chitmankaur at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 10:58:44 MET 2003

Thats what I am trying to do...
I have HTML code making a table and in one cell i am trying to output the graph created by RRD....
Is it not possible..... :(
Regards
Chitman
Serge Maandag <serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl> wrote:
Dunno, it's your code :)

It kan be a kazillion things.

Make sure the top of your script says:
$| = 1;

and put a lot of warn () in your code to debug where it
is going wrong.
comment out the RRDs::graph statement and change the print of the
content type headerto a warn() statement.
Look in your error_log, if it's not there, then your code is not
outputting what it should output.

If you succesfully outputted the content type statement, a valid gif
image output will have your browser displaying the image.
Any non-valid output will give you the broken image icon in your
browser. Not garbled stuff. Garbled stuff indicates that your browser
never saw that it should have been expecting an image.

Serge.

b.t.w., just in case, never try to do this:

print "";
print "";
print "Content-type: image/gif\n\n";
print `cat image.gif`;