[rrd-users] Re: using grep on snmp collected data

Robert Heber rheber at nawias.pl
Mon Nov 17 21:38:38 MET 2003

Hi,

use a database -> you can transform you raw input text data
formated everylike you have it on start to the load file which
can be imported to the approbiate table in for example mysql
and then you can aggregate every record in time frame which
you want. I do transform process online with perl scripts,
but awk and sed are also helpful, my tables have several
million records daily which I can then browse with SQL to
get summary or cross-report infos.

Regards,
Robert