[rrd-users] Re: Plotting yesterdays value

Fitzgerald, David David.Fitzgerald at Level3.com
Wed Nov 26 17:07:45 MET 2003

 Nicholas:  My guess is that there are a couple of things going on.

 First, one would expect rrdtool to use midnight as a cutoof
 for any particular day.  To get around that, alter your
 Timezone data such that your 11PM is midnight in the fake timezone.

 Since you are only looking for the count in a twenty four
 hour period, this will make it uniform.

 Second, if the current 24 hour period has not yet ended, I
 would not expect rrdtool to accurately report this period.
 Try waiting until the period has ended before reporting on it.

 Hope this helps.

 -fitz