[rrd-users] Problem reading an older version (0002) of an .rrd file

John Enok Vollestad John.Enok.Vollestad at nr.no
Wed Oct 1 13:52:12 MEST 2003

Hi,

rrdtool seems a reliably and nice product.  My query here is to read an
.rrd file of file format 0002:

# rrdtool dump /tmp/gigabitethernet2_0.rrd
ERROR: cant handle RRD file version 0002

The file were produced by a Percival (Avalon-net.co.il) and were
installed in May, why they use an older version is the rrd format is
unknown to me.

By searching the mailinglist there seem to have been a change in file
format around 2001 but i could not find a version of rrdtool that
support the 0002 format.

I have tried the following rrdtool versions:

1.0.28
1.0.33
1.0.35
1.0.38
1.0.42
1.0.45

Any help would be appreciated.

--
John Enok Vollestad      System Administrator
                          Norwegian Computing Center (NR)