[rrd-users] compiling rrd on xp using cygwin

Oline Case ocase at directoresource.com
Thu Oct 2 23:57:29 MEST 2003

Hi.
I'm wondering if anyone has tried compiling rrdtool on WinXP running
Cygwin and if it worked for them. The configure command went ok but I
seemed to have problem with the make command.

In cygwin, I have the gnu version of make but do not think i have the
gnu version of gcc installed (using cygwin). I do not know if that makes
a difference. I'm running version 5.8.0 of perl and am using the
21-Jul-2003 rrdtool.tar.gz from /~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/pub

Also, I read that I can compile rrd using NT. Do you know what I would
download and where? Or is there a binary for NT? Could I use one of
Linux rrdtool binaries available since Cygwin "acts as a Linux emulation
layer" (according to the Cygwin website)? If so, which one?

Thanks in advance for your response,
Oline

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature