[rrd-users] Re: RRD on Win2k, multiple config files

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Fri Oct 17 08:02:55 MEST 2003

The biggest problems with big config files is that if one process hangs,
it may take too long before the rest of the entries in your config file
are processed. Hence -> NaNs in your database.

Multiple config files are also less messy and you can start them after
each other in your crontab, instead of your server having to do a lot
of work to do every 5 minutes. Something like:

1-59/5 * * * * mrtg config1.cfg
2-59/5 * * * * mrtg config2.cfg
3-59/5 * * * * mrtg config3.cfg

spreads the load.