[rrd-users] DS Choice

paul at oninit.com paul at oninit.com
Thu Oct 23 10:52:47 MEST 2003

I have a data source that steadily increases and I've been using
a DS of COUNTER and I get a nice spiky line - just what I'm after.
However, if for some reason the data counter is reset I loose
all the history data and start a 'new' spiky line.  The resetting
would typically only happen once/twice per year but the counter
will probably wrap the 2G every few months.

Am I using the correct DS?

--
Paul Watson             #
Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory