[rrd-users] updates stop updating? (REPOST)

Michael Barnes mbarnes at compsci.wm.edu
Fri Sep 5 22:34:59 MEST 2003

I sent this to the list a few weeks ago, and my updates are again
being recorded as 0's again.  Does anybody have any idea what is going
on?

=== REPOSTED MESSAGE ===

I'm puzzled with this one.  I have an rrd that I setup about 18 months
ago and haven't really touched it since.  It just has one guage data
source.  Anyway, it stopped updating with real data and is just putting
0's in the database with no warning or error message.

The db did this about a month ago for a period of time, and then just
started working correctly on its own.

Has anyone else seen or heard of similar behaviour?

I have tried versions 1.0.37 -> 1.0.45, both with the command line
program and the Perl module.  Also, I'm using rrdtool on an alpha
running Linux and compiled the program with gcc 2.96.

=== END REPOST ===

Thanks,

Mike

--