[rrd-users] Re: Dell Openmanage Network Manage integrates rrdtool

Sean Perry sean.perry at intransa.com
Fri Sep 12 02:35:58 MEST 2003

phill.glasson at ap.effem.com wrote:
> I think the real problem is/will be that the software is for sale
> commercially, and that it has integrated a GPL piece of code.

That is not necessarily a problem.  If they are willing to follow the
terms of the GPL (release changes, provide source, etc) then for the
most part all is well.  The GPL will only affect their own software if
they actually link rrdtool into the java code somehow.  I suspect they
just exec rrdtool on some rrd files to get around this.